Congratulations to all!
Congratulations to our NC ASHRM membership on their many professional accomplishments during 2020, including the following:
- Katrina Jackson with Cone Health, and NC ASHRM President-Elect, was a recipient of the 2020 NC Great 100 Registered Nurse and 2020 Cone Health Nursing Excellence awards.
- Jen Salter has received a promotion and is now the Director of Operations for Century Care Management
- Rebecca Davis with Southeastern Health completed the notary public course at Robeson Community College and applied for be a NC notary.
- Jen Bailey, Wayne UNC Health Care, received her CPHRM and was named Interim Compliance Officer. She is also in the second year of pursuing her Masters of Art – Healthcare Law at Regent University School of Law.
- CPHRM Certification obtained by the following individuals:
- Elizabeth Jasso, Novant Health
- Tiffany Brown, Brody School of Medicine
2019 Distinguished Service Award
Hilda Walker, Senior Risk Manager with Atrium Health. Hilda was presented with the 2019 Distinguished Service Award. The Distinguished Service Award recipient is chosen based upon the following criteria:
- Outstanding efforts and contributions to the NC ASHRM Chapter.
- Significant contributions to the advancement of the profession of risk management through methods such as teaching, authorship, leadership, research, etc.
2019 Fall Conference
- CPHRM Certification obtained by the following individuals:
- Jennifer Phillips, Duke University Health System – May 2019
- Casidy Sanders, Novant Health – August 2019
- Rhonda Winters, Novant Health – May 2019
- Diane Hoefer, UNC Healthcare – November 2019
- Angie Hicks with Appalachian Regional Health System passed her CHC (Certified Healthcare Compliance) exam in August 2019
- Brian Beverly Attorney with Young Moore was named “Leader in Law 2019” by Lawyers Weekly.
- Novant Corporate Financial Services announces the addition of Anjie Spencer to their organization as a Director of Corporate Insurance.
- Larry Jones, Senior Vice President with USI Insurance Services, was presented with the 2018 NC ASHRM Distinguished Service Award.
- Phillip T. Jackson, as attorney with Roberts and Stevens has been named as Fellow to the American College of Trial Lawyers during their October 2, 2018 meeting. Fellowship is extended by invitation only to those experienced trial lawyers of diverse backgrounds who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose careers have marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality.
- David Creech, attorney with the firm of Harris, Creech, Ward & Blackerby was recently re-elected to serve as vice-chair of the Governing Board of Trillium Health Resources. Trillium Health Resources is a local governmental agency (LME/MCO) that manages mental health, substance use, and intellectual/developmental disability services in eastern North Carolina. Trillium covers the following counties: Beaufort, Bertie, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Columbus, Chowan, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Jones, Martin, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Tyrrell, and Washington. Trillium’s responsibility is to connect individuals and families to the help they need when they need it. Trillium manages state and federally funded services for people who receive Medicaid, are uninsured or cannot afford services.
- Jennifer Bauguss, VP Compliance & Quality at Trellis Supportive Care is a candidate for Master of Health Administration degree. She is obtaining the degree from Pfeiffer University and is expected to graduate on August 3. She earned her bachelor degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is also accredited through the AAPC as a Certified Professional Coder, Certified Professional Medical Auditor, Certified Evaluation & Management Coder, and Approved Instructor.
- Deana Allen – Senior Vice President | National Health Care Industry Practice for Willis Towers Watson New Role: Intellectual Capital | Operational Excellence Leader
- Kim McCormick, who works in the litigation department at MagMutual – has two designations AIC, Associate in Claims & SCLA –Senior Claims Law Associate and is also a Licensed Claims Adjuster in the state of NC
- Julia Hyett, VP Corporate Insurance Operations for Novant Health’s Corporate Finance Division in Winston-Salem, NC. Joined the organization 8/20/2018 to lead their Risk Financing & Captive Insurance Programs across a 4-state region and is new to the state of NC.
- David Creech of Harris Creech has been re-elected to serve another term as Vice-Chair of the Governing Board of Trillium Health Resources. Trillium is a Local Government Entity (LME/MCO) that manages mental health, substance abuse and intellectual/ developmental disability services throughout a twenty-five county region in eastern North Carolina.
- Carol Howell-Moore of the Legal and Risk Management Department of University of North Carolina Health Care obtained her CPHRM designation April 24th, 2018.
- Carol Craig with Lake Norman Regional Medical Center attained her CPHRM designation in July.
- Jill Edwards of Cone Health attained her CPHRM designation.
- Hollie Locklear with Southeastern Health attained her CPPS (Certified Professional in Public safety) designation on August 14th.
- Beth Skarbinski has obtained a new position at Central Carolina (Duke LifePoint) as the new Executive Director of Quality and Risk Management and is also now the COCE Adjunct Faculty member at Southern New Hampshire University where she will be teaching Healthcare Law and Ethics as well as Healthcare Quality Management.
- Anne Huben-Kearney has been recognized as a Fellow of the American Society of Healthcare Risk Management. This fellowship is awarded by the ASHRM Board of Directors to those with superior achievement in the field of healthcare risk management.
- Maria Fry – RM Analyst with WakeMed Health and Hospitals received her CPHRM certification on January 13, 2017.